I’ve been playing this since early Alpha release about two years ago. It is hands down one of the best games I’ve ever played.
Gameplay is straightforward once you get the hang of the Architect menus, but it has incredible depth and behind-the- scenes complexity, from its incredibly fun combat and injuries/medical systems to your colonists’ interpersonal relationships and psychology to your interactions with the environment.
Every game is completely different, and replayablility is ehnanced by a large and excellent modding community that continues to produce even greater varieties of play experience. And it’s still only Early Access! The devs are committed, active on their forums, and have big plans.
Build the base of your dreams, establish a production economy, and watch it all get torched by raiders! What more could you ask for?
p.s. cannibalism isn’t required – strictly speaking – but you know you’re going to try it.
– Have a decent colony, not too many people and moderately wealthy
– Need someone who can build and craft though
– A bunch of raiders come
– Most raiders are killed but some are downed, one has good crafting and constructing abilities and pretty good traits
– She has 99.00 resistance and a recruitment difficulty of 99%
– Cut her legs off and keep her in my prison so she can’t escape
– Harvest the organs of the rest of the raiders
– A few months later she joins my colony, give her new legs
– She marries the guy who recruited her
– A year later she accidentally shoots her husband in a gunfight and kills him
– Mental break: Tantrum
– Punches an antimatter warhead
– Dies in a blazing ball of fire
– What’s left of her corpse is instantly eaten by my giant army of panthers
Weird things happen on the rim, and you can choose to be nice, or a complete psychopath
10/10 would break the Geneva Convention again